Henderson accused the club of lying to him

 Dean Henderson made three appearances for Manchester United last season, none of which were in the Premier League, and on his last appearance he had almost half an hour left to set up Tom Heaton on his debut. Henderson is on loan at newly promoted Nottingham Forest and hopes to kick-start his career ahead of this winter's World Cup. He needs to play out of his skin to get back into England team contention. But that was not part of Henderson's plan, who admitted in an interview with TalkSport that he was led to believe he was United's number one last season.

The conversation I had, coming out of the Euro 2020 squad, was that you’re coming back (to United) to be the number one goalkeeper. I got COVID-19 – unfortunately no one followed through with anything they told me. I turned so many good loans down last summer for that reason, and they wouldn’t let me go. It was frustrating. To sit there and waste 12 months is criminal really, at my age. I was fuming.
I tried to (get a loan to Forest) all before (Ten Hag joined replaced Rangnick) – I told the hierarchy I need to play football. I don’t want to be here playing second fiddle. I was almost gone before the manager came in and I haven’t spoke to him since. So, no [I didn’t speak to Erik ten Hag before going on loan]. I didn’t really want the manager to come in and be able to see me in training because I knew he’d probably want to keep me.

 After retaining his first place in the majority of Premier League games following the birth of David de Gea's daughter in the first week of March 2021, Henderson has played in 10 of his last 12 games before suffering a hip injury in the summer. Gareth Southgate selected for England squad, had to return home for treatment.

At the start of pre-season, Henderson contracted Covid and suffered for weeks. He made his first appearance of the season in the League Cup against West Ham in September, which United lost 1–0, and did not play again until February. In an interview with Sky Sports, he described his desperation to play football again. I can not wait. I really can't wait to get out there. Last year I was a caged animal. I like to play and the manager is very nice to me and I want to play for him. He shows me good faith and I want to show him the same. When asked which match he is most looking forward to, who he would like to be with, United answered, although it is not possible due to the terms of the loan. It's Man United but unfortunately I can't play the game! That's my honesty, it's Man United. I love being with them. But unfortunately that is not possible. I'm looking forward to the derby with Leicester. There is a small needle. I think it's a good game.

 
Copyright © 2014 EPL Trending - All Rights Reserved
Template By. Catatan Info